Welcome to IJSO
International Junior Science Olympiad
The International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO) is an annual individual and team competition in the Natural Sciences for students who are under sixteen years old on 31st December of the competition year. IJSO has been established in recognition of the significance of the Natural Sciences in the general education of young people and in all aspects of their lives. It is a purely educational event.
- To promote and reward the pursuit of excellence in scientific endeavor.
- To challenge, stimulate and encourage gifted students to further develop their talents in Natural Sciences.
- To create friendship and relationships among students around the world from an early age.
- To stimulate the active interest of students in the Natural Sciences.
- To promote their careers as scientists.
- To enhance and develop international contacts in the Natural Sciences.
- To promote future scientific collaboration.
- To encourage the formation of friendships within the scientific community.
- To offer the opportunity to compare the syllabi and educational trends in science education within the participating countries.